As a Volunteer at Capital Repertory Theatre, I agree to the following:
• To attend a mandatory new volunteer orientation.
• To attend a mandatory volunteer training and emergency evacuation drill every other year.
• To work a minimum of six performances throughout the season.
• To arrive on time for each of my scheduled performances (one hour before curtain).
• To notify the House Manager at least 48 hours in advance if I am going to miss my scheduled performance and to reschedule to another performance when needed.
• To be ready and willing to perform the following duties including, but not limited to: ticket scanning, handing out programs, seating, stuffing playbills, and greeting patrons.
• To participate fully in all activities before and during the show, during intermission, and immediately following the show. This includes, but is not limited to: picking up trash in the house, assisting patrons in need, enforcing theatre policies, etc…
• To wear the Volunteer Uniform (black bottoms, a white shirt, closed toed shoes, and a nametag) when reporting for my assignments so that I may be easily recognized by patrons.
• To familiarize myself with Capital Repertory Theatre policies and frequently asked questions.
• To be prepared to assist the House Manager in cases of emergency by reviewing the duties and emergency duties specific to my assigned location after the pre-show meeting.
• I understand that Proctors, theREP and Universal Preservation Hall expect its employees and volunteers to maintain a positive, professional demeanor/attitude at all times and to refrain from negative behaviors such as malicious gossiping, defamation of character, and speaking negatively about the company to fellow employees/volunteers. Employees and volunteers displaying this attitude that are contrary to this policy may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
I understand that if I do not meet my obligations as stated above, I will first be given a warning, and then I may be removed from the usher program.